Posted by docapc at 11:17 am
- Write something very personal to those closest to you.
- Take time to purchase holiday cards that speak to the uniqueness of the person your addressing.
- Prepare or purchase foods that you know will please others, tailor your choices to those who you will be with.
- Make a toast before your main meal that honors the elders at your table.
- Include in your comments poignant stories of the history of the family.
- Watch “It’s a Wonderful Life” sometime during the holiday season.
- Open gifts with your favorite holiday music in the background.
- Choose music that enlivens the spirit and is holiday focused.
- My favorite is Karaoke at the end of the day; you’d be surprised how much fun it is for all.
- Don’t be inhibited, get up there and sing and dance. Make a video for golden memories.
Arthur P. Ciaramicoli, Ed.D.,Ph.D.
Author of The Stress Solution: Using Empathy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to Reduce Anxiety and Develop Resilience